How Long Does It Take To Build A Home With Progressive Builders?
How long does it take to build a house? It’s a great question, and we get asked it a lot as most of our customers are building a home for the first time.
Let’s dive into this question. If you have any other questions, get in touch with us today.
Factors To Consider
Many things can adjust the build schedule for your new home. From local regulations to soil density, the weather to supply of materials and more.
Other factors include how complicated your home is. Plumbing, electrical, gas and other installations all need to be inspected at each step of the process, so if things need to be done in a certain order or redone if plans change, the number of inspections rises dramatically.
Once you’ve chosen a floor plan, the process is pretty straightforward:
- prep site;
- pour foundation;
- frame house;
- install plumbing, electrical, HVAC, insulation, etc.;
- hang drywall;
- finish interior and exterior (cabinets, window sills, moldings, brick, stucco, etc.);
- install flooring and countertops;
- install and grade driveways, walkways;
- install electrical fixtures, HVAC equipment, bathroom fixtures;
- put on final touches, like landscaping or carpeting;
- clean the house; and,
- do a final walkthrough.
It’s a complicated process which is why you want an experienced firm at your side like Progressive Builders.